Interior painters give rooms a fresh look and can instantly transform your home. Hiring a professional interior painter is the perfect solution if you can’t do it yourself.
Using My Local Toolbox, you can easily find and hire interior painters near you. You can rest assured that we’ll only match you with experts in the trade, and there’s no obligation to hire them for your project if you’ve found someone else.
What jobs do interior painters and decorators do?
Whether you’re looking to give your hallway a fresh lick of paint or renovating your living room, interior painters and decorators can help.
Whilst painters are there to apply paint and other finishes to interior walls, ceilings, doors and wood work. Decorators can complete projects such as hanging wallpaper, repairing ceiling panel mouldings, and even provide some inspiration on colour schemes.
What’s involved in painting and decorating a room?
When you employ an interior painter or decorator, there are some steps they are likely to carry out to ensure you receive a flawless finish:
- Measuring the space
- Calculating how much paint or wallpaper is required
- Buying the materials (although not always, so double check what your quote includes)
- Clearing the space or covering furniture with dustsheets
- Stripping old surfaces
- Filling or repairing surfaces
- Rubbing down any door frames, skirting boards, windowsills etc that require painting
- Priming surfaces or undercoating surfaces
- Mixing and applying paint or hanging wallpaper
- Applying necessary topcoats
- Applying decorators caulk where applicable
- Tidying up and placing furniture back in the room
Before hiring an interior painter or decorator you should ask what their process will be and their estimated time frame for completing the job.
If they’re expecting you to purchase the materials or remove any furniture etc, you’ll need to ensure that you are ready for their arrival as any delays could end up costing you precious time and money.
Why hire a professional interior painter or decorator?
Interior painting and decorating is a great way to change the look and feel of your home, but doing it yourself can be time-consuming and may not give you the final finish you were hoping for.
Professional interior painters can make the whole process of decorating a stress-free affair.
Thanks to their extensive experience and product knowledge, they’ll know exactly which products you’ll need for each room and each surface and will know the steps they need to follow in order to achieve a professional and long-lasting finish.