Whether your house is pebble dashed, has a render or solid brick work, painting the exterior of your home can dramatically improve its curb appeal. Whilst painting the exterior of your house could be a DIY task, to get that professional, long-lasting finish, it’s worth calling in expert house painters to help you get the job done.
What’s involved in painting a house exterior?
Painting a house exterior is a little trickier than painting a room.
- Most professional house painters will start by cleaning and preparing the walls.
- Use a stiff brush to remove flaking paint, loose stones and dirt and debris.
- Treat mouldy patches with fungicide.
- Repair any cracks and then lightly sand to ensure there’s no loose material.
- Mask off downpipes, windows and doors.
- Prime surfaces that need it, i.e. newly rendered or pebble dashed surfaces.
- Apply a paint surface stabiliser, to provide paint with a surface it can adhere to.
- Begin painting from the top down. Usually, two coats are needed.
- If requested or required, the windows and doors will be painted.
Of course, every house painter will work differently, so it’s important you check with yours their exact process and what is included in your quote.
Why hire a professional painter?
Safety is paramount when it comes to external house painting, which is why homeowners are encouraged to hire professional house painters. Not only will they have the know-how and experience for working at height, but they’ll also have the equipment to do so safely.
Professional house painters will also know the right type of paint to buy, the best tools to use and the correct technique to get a long-lasting weatherproof finish. This means you’ll get a flawless finish and peace of mind that the coverage provides long-lasting weatherproofing.